Wednesday, December 29, 2010

What's left from the AFF Cup

One of the core values I hold the most is being respectful. Being respectful can be seen from your word and your attitude. Well tonight, I watched a soccer game, the final of AFF Cup. Indonesia, unfortunately couldn't win the trophy.

What's really sad is, my twitter timeline is now really full with angry Indonesian supporter saying hate word to the Malaysian team and supporter. I recalled the laser tragedy in the previous match in Bukit Jalil, Malaysia. It was really disappointing, but I couldn't agree more that the Malaysian team played really well that night, especially their striker, Safee. And yeah we did lose, but can't we just show some respect. I can't even count how many rude tweets I read. What's really bad, it were mostly a personal attack. People were saying bad things about the coach, the player, the goal keeper without actually having a real evidence.Yes the Malaysian supporter did something wrong, but we don't need to exaggerate that. It is more important that we keep our spirit high and stand strong facing the challenge.

 As a young people. I am really concerned about world peace. I can't do much, but maybe through my words, it will keep us thinking on how we value our life. We are really passionate in helping our brother and sister in Palestine, but we hate our neighbor so much. It is a funny contradiction. We confess how we love Indonesia so much while praying that God destroys our neighbor.

 I think world peace starts from our own house and then goes up to a bigger scale. We must be proud that we share common culture with our neighbor, because sometimes the sense of belonging is not more important than the sense of togetherness. We are not walking alone, we share common hope and common passion with many people in this world. Just save a little space in your heart for the sake of human race. Stay positive and be respectful. Don't judge people based on stereotype. Not that I'm the nicest person on earth, but I'm trying to go that way :)

No comments: