Friday, April 23, 2010

Washington State

            In the middle of my 2nd semester here, I got a week off from school for spring break. My host family then took me on a trip to Washington State. It is located in Northwestern part of United States. I was so excited. We plan to visit Seattle, Tacoma and Olympic National Park.

            So, on Saturday we got there by airplane and arrived at around 3. We got settled at a hotel near some lake and the we decided to go to Needle Space. It was a very famous building in Seattle. We can go up and see the whole city.

            The next morning, on Sunday I met my 2 Indonesian friends Dika and Ardi. They were willing to take me on a walking tour. So, we actually walk almost the whole city and we spent like 6 hours walking. They were a really good tour guide. J I was also so happy because I haven’t seen them for a long time. What so interesting that day was we saw a demonstration in downtown Seattle. They basically saying that they disagree with war, and they carried very funny poster and banner.

            Then on Wednesday, we headed to Olympic National Park, which was 4 hours drive from Seattle. It was basically a rain forest part of the country. While we were there we hiked through some trail in the rain forest and then we also visited Forks. It was so funny that I got to go to Forks “ the home of Twilight”. They had Twilight store, Twilight café, and they even produced Twilight coffee.

   While we were in Olympic National Park, we stayed in a cabin near the Pacific Ocean. So I went waling on the beach and it was a very unusual beach. First, because there are many huge rocks and also a lot of logs sitting around. Second, because it was realllly cold.

            We got back through Tacoma and spent a night there because it’s near the airport. While we were there we visit a Museum of Glass. They had a hotspot, which was a place to make a glass, and we watched them creating it. They had some artists and gaffer who made a shotgun from glass. It was really impressive. They also had an exhibition that showed a very cute glass creature whose design was made by little kids. They were all very imaginative and creative.

            It was a very cool vacation. I am really thankful to my family for taking me with them and supplying me with seafood while we were there :)
            

No comments: